Recently, there has been an online business boom, especially with the social media. The social media seems to grow by leaps and bounds daily, providing viable opportunities for individuals and businesses.
Although originally designed to help people stay in touch with family, friends, co-workers and meet new people, the social media has now turned into a great money making and advertising platforms. The reason for this is not far-fetched, there are huge numbers of people on this site and businesses, products and ideas need to access these same people!
The sheer figure of active users on social media will make your jaw drop, for instance, Facebook hast over 3 billion users, Instagram has over 800 million, while Twitter has over 330 million active users.
The social media has provided companies with a lucrative opportunity to leverage social influencer marketing as well as direct advertising. Many of these brands are willing to pay for relevant audience and their attention, so, having thousands of followers on the social media puts you in the position to earn a nice salary!
You can make money from the social media by doing any of the following:
- Promoting affiliate products: when you promote affiliate products, you get a commission on every sale you close. You can do this effectively by writing reviews about the affiliate product on your social media profile. Ideally, you should use the product first before reviewing, and you should try and disclose your affiliate relationship after reviewing (it helps you build trust). So add your affiliate link and advise your followers to order some.
- Use visual media to promote your crafts: If you are involved in making handmade crafts, dress making or making cloths, knitting and art pieces, etc; you could showcase your products on the social media. For example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google+ are great channels for sharing visual media of your product.
- Promote products and services: sharing sponsored posts that promote products and services of other businesses is a direct way of making money on social media too. However, to achieve this, you must have a sizable number of followers and friends. In this business, it is advisable to mix things up a little, in a way that will add value to your followers as you carry out your promotion (so as not to lose followers).
- Promote your coaching or consulting services: Social media is a great place when it comes to generating leads for your consulting business. If you possess expertise in a particular area, you can develop customer interest for your services by simply connecting with your target audience on social media. You can also conduct your coaching sessions over Skype (which is an opportunity to make money without stepping out of your home).
- Create and promote your own information products: you can create an eBook audio or video course and post them on platforms, with the intention of selling to your audience. High quality content is also an added advantage.
These are just some of the many ways you can earn money with social media. But always have it in mind that it is not necessarily easy to make money on social media, it requires a high level of dedication. Honesty and humor is also essential because to keep followers engaged, you must ensure that your niche and content reflect your personality. As such, your contents must be compelling and your passion must shine through; this goes a long way to engage your followers.